Retrait at the Abbey
If you are looking for a time of recollection, of personal and community prayer, of spiritual rest in silence, the monks will be happy to welcome you in the context of the peace and beauty of the guest-house.
This hospitality is available to both groups and individuals, men and women, for a period of 2 to 6 nights.
Guests are invited to participate in the prayer of the Community. Those who so wish may ask one of the Brothers for spiritual guidance. Groups come with their own spiritual director. Each year, during the summer period, there is a week-long retreat guided by one of the Brothers.
To promote the atmosphere of recollection and interiority, meals are in silence with background music. For the same reason, silence is requested inside the house and in the guest-house grounds. Conference rooms and parlours are available for meetings.
SOME PRACTICAL DETAILS
- Single and double rooms.
- Guests are requested to bring their own sheets or sleeping-bag, towels and personal requisites. Sheets may be hired for a charge of € 8.
- Participation in the running expenses, per person, we propose :
- € 40 / day per day for adults
- € 30 /day for young people
- € 48 / day for room with shower and WC
- For one night stays (exceptional), an additional 5€ fee will be required
- The question of expenses, however, should not hinder anyone from coming.
INSCRIPTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Abbaye d'Orval
B-6823 Villers-devant-Orval Tél. guest-house :  184.108.40.206
from 9 to 11 a.m. and from 2 to 4.30 p.m.
- Fax guest-house :  220.127.116.11
Abbey switch-board :  18.104.22.168
- "ASBL Abbaye d'Orval, hôtellerie"
IBAN : BE04 2670 0540 4131
BIC : GEBABEBB