Visit of the cistercian Ruins
The visit includes an audiovisual presentation of the history of the monastery and of the present-day life of the Community (approx.20 minutes), access to the ruins of the medieval abbey, the Museum housed in the foundations of the 18th century buildings, the pharmaceutical Museum and the medicinal herb-garden.
At certain times of the year, exhibitions are held in the principal hall of the medieval guest-lodge.
OPENING HOURS entry to the ruins and to the monastery shop :
- Winter (Nov.to Feb.) :10.30am - 5.30pm
- Mid-season (March-May, October) : 9.30am - 6.00pm
- Summer (June to Sept) : 9.30am - 6.30pm
- Adults : € 6,00
- Reduction senior, student : € 5,00
- Groups (20 people or more) : € 4,50
- Groups senior, student : €4,00
- Children (7 to 14 yrs) : € 3,00
- Solidarity (Persons with reduced mobility, handicap, disability,...) € 3,00
- School children group (7 to 14 yrs) : € 2,00
- Solidarity group (Persons with reduced mobility, handicap, disability,...): free
GUIDED TOURS duration 2 hours
During July and August, there are guided tours every afternoon. In September, there are guided tours on Sunday afternoons. Guided tours begin with the audiovisual presentation.
Times of visits :
- in French : 1.40pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm and 5.30pm.
- in Dutch : 2pm, 3pm, 4pm et 5pm..
At times other than those of the guided visits, specific groups (more than 20 participants) may, on written application, obtain a guided visit, provided that a guide is available at the requested times. Applications made by telephone must be confirmed in writing :
- Booking application form
- Tarif €50
The shop sells beer and cheese made at the monastery, as well as exclusive products such as Viel Or beer and cheese made with beer. There il also a choise of religious articles, nice cards and various Orval souvenis. A bookshop is stocked with a wide choice of religious books and novelties.
The Gaume region offers numerous opportunities for excursion from Orval :
Gaume tourist Office
- Parking falicilities : 150 cars, 4 motor coaches, parking for people with disability
- SNCB (Belgian Rail) Station : Florenville
- TEC (Wallonia Public Transport) Bus stop 400 hundred metres away