In the Hospitalty house, you will be immersed in the Cistercian scriptorium. On large screens, video animations will make you discover the history of the monastery and the life of the monastic community today (10 minutes). Animated models will then introduce you to the architecture of the abbey over the centuries.
The interpretation circuit in the ruins will help you to understand the different monastic places.
The Museum housed in the foundations of the 18th century buildings, the pharmaceutical Museum and the medicinal herb-garden.
At certain times of the year, exhibitions are held in the principal hall of the medieval guest-lodge.
OPENING HOURS entry to the ruins and to the monastery shop :
- Winter (Nov.to Feb.) : 10.30am - 5.30pm ticket until 4.45pm
- Mid-season (March-May, October) : 9.30am - 6.00pm
- Summer (June to Sept) : 9.30am - 6.30pm
- Adults : € 7,00
- Reduction senior, student : € 5,00
- Groups (20 people or more) : € 5,00
- Groups senior, student : €4,00
- Children (7 to 14 yrs) : € 3,00
- Solidarity (Persons with reduced mobility, handicap, disability,...) € 3,00
- School children group (7 to 14 yrs) : € 2,00
- Solidarity group (Persons with reduced mobility, handicap, disability,...): free
It is possible to organise a guided visit for groups (more than 20 people) upon prior booking.
- Booking application form
- Rate guide: €60
- Time: 2H00
The shop sells beer and cheese made at the monastery, as well as exclusive products such as Viel Or beer and cheese made with beer. There il also a choise of religious articles, nice cards and various Orval souvenis. A bookshop is stocked with a wide choice of religious books and novelties.
The Gaume region offers numerous opportunities for excursion from Orval :
Gaume tourist Office
- Parking falicilities : 150 cars, 4 motor coaches, parking for people with disability
- SNCB (Belgian Rail) Station : Florenville
- TEC (Wallonia Public Transport) Bus stop 400 hundred metres away
- Certificate Access I
Excursion Echappe e Belle en Gaumepdf 2.8 MB